Sports Massage For Athletes
Do you love to run, but don't enjoy feeling the after effects in your low back, achilles tendon, hips, knees, quads and hamstrings? More and more people are realizing that a complete workout routine includes not only the exercise itself, but also caring for the wear-and-tear and minor injuries that naturally occur with strenuous exercise. Many athletes are now turning to massage therapy as a means of decreasing recovery time and muscle stiffness while increasing relaxation and overall wellbeing.
Consider including massage therapy into your training routine for the following reasons:
- Recovery Time - Just after your long mileage days or a race would be a great time to receive a therapeutic massage. Athletes have reported that including a therapeutic massage on recovery days gets them back to training more quickly with increased results.
- Increase Endurance - Recent research at McMaster University reported that massage therapy increases the number and size of mitochondria in the cells. An increase in mitochondria = an increase in performance endurance.
- Increase Strength - Also, a well relaxed muscle is a strong muscle. A muscle is made up of many muscle fibers. If a muscle fiber is in a chronically contracted state you have lost the ability to use it. When 100% of a muscle's fibers are able to relax and lengthen then you have 100% of a muscle's strength. Massage therapy releases muscle tension and increases muscle length.
- Psychological Benefits - Massage therapy has been proven to increase your mood which can in turn help to keep you motivated to stay on target with your training goals.
- Prevention - Reduce the chance of injury through proper stretching, event preparation and regular massage therapy care. Many massage therapy clients are unaware of their how tight they are until their massage therapist works on them. Regular massage therapy care allows you to catch muscle tension before overt symptoms occur.
Daily Self-Care Tools You Can Purchase At Revelation Massage
Protandim Nrf2 Activator
Certified by the Banned Substance Control Group for use by Elite Athletes
CLICK HERE to read how Nrf2 supports athletes on a cellular level.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Protandim now sold at Revelation Massage.
CLICK HERE to order this product online today.
Use this hand held foam roller before and after your workout to keep your muscles loose and relaxed in order to avoid injury. CLICK HERE to view a short video on the Theraband Massager.
Enjoy the fast acting pain relief of Biofreeze now available in an aerosol spray with double the active ingredients.
Revelation Massage Membership Programs support athletes in receiving regular massage therapy care in a convenient and affordable way. Look for our Revelation Massage Therapists at some of the following local events in Lewiston and Auburn: